Style

FD Author Style: Nautical Inspired

Shorts (Juicy Couture), Top (TJ Maxx), Clutch, Earrings & Bangle (Thrifted), Bangle (F21), Shoes (Jessica Simpson)

This is FD’s first author style post with shorts, the truth is I rarely wear shorts. Why, you ask? As I stated in a previous post, I have always had this insecurity about my thin legs. Nothing draws the eye to your legs more than a pair of short, shorts. The funny things I usually don’t have a problem with short dresses or skirts, just shorts. Last week Eboni from the Fashionista Next Door wrote a very candid post about all of the insecurities that she has about her body, how she has learned to embrace them, and not allow them to hinder her style. For years, I have avoided shorts like the plague. I can count on one hand the number of times per year I wear shorts. Can you believe that avoiding shorts during these smoldering Florida summers. The temperature in FL during the day is literally 90 degrees and counting. I pulled these sailor shorts out my closet with a striped top for a simple nautical inspired look.

You can stay connected with Fashion Devotee by following me here!
Chictopia | LookBook Nu | Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Pinterest |

Thank you all for reading Devotee’s! Love & Fashion!

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

• Reply Duchess Gabrielle June 20, 2012 at 11:02 am

Love how you added a twist to this nautical look with the heels. I totally understand about body insecurity…my skin-tone darkens from the lower thigh to lower back…derm says it’s normal for dark skin…I have just embraced it and rock shorts despite the dual tone..It kinda makes me unique. You are not alone 🙂
    Duchess Gabrielle recently posted..Leather Work

• Reply Ariel B June 20, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Thank you! I think most people have something about they are conscious about. I’m glad you were able to embrace it and move on.

• Reply Channing in The City June 20, 2012 at 1:32 pm

You really are my blogger boo. I was never one for shorts. I’m still not really–I prefer dresses. But I’ve begun to ease into them. I think I like them.

You look really good in yours! I love the sailor look 🙂
    Channing in The City recently posted..Skin SOS: Summer Must Haves

• Reply Ariel B June 20, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Thank you. I am trying to ease into them more and more.

• Reply Ashley June 20, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Girl you better work! You look too cute in your shorts!! I will be recreating this look by the way lol Love it 🙂

XoXo,
    Ashley
    ASassyWoman.Com
    Ashley recently posted..BookTalk with ASW: Produced By Faith – Enjoy Real Success Without Losing Your True Self by DeVon Franklin

• Reply Ariel B June 20, 2012 at 6:25 pm

Aww Ash. Thank you. I was so self conscious I almost didn’t do this post. Go ahead and recreate and when you do let me know so I can post about it! 🙂

• Reply Patience
    Twitter: justpatie
    June 20, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Cute look. So perfect for July 4th.

• Reply Joy shana June 21, 2012 at 12:03 am

you look gorgeous
    Joy shana recently posted..The Yellow Dress

• Reply Fashion Pad June 21, 2012 at 8:50 am

I love this look. You’re so chic and stylish! The heels are the bomb.com and I simply need that clutch in my life!!!
    Fashion Pad recently posted..New Additions – Shoe Love

• Reply Vanessa June 21, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Love the outfit. Amazing – as a younger person I had a phobia about my large calves until I realized they we’re asset. Now I mostly wear dresses/skirts. Love your blog and fashion sense.